Many times I have been asked this question – and what if alternative medicine does work against cancer and we (the medical establishment) just block the results from surfacing? We do not. This study published in JAMA last year shows that refusing chemotherapy (or other forms of cancer treatment) and using alternative medicine does lead to lower chances of survival. On the other hand if you stick to chemotherapy (or any other cancer treatment) prescribed by oncologist and additionaly use alternative medicine – it does not influence the survival. So the conclusion is simple – alternative medicine generally does not work in cancer, and refusing standard treatments leads to increase in mortality.
- AHSCT is better choice than DMDs in MS as a treatment of cases progressing after first line treatment – multicenter randomised trial.
- CPX-351 (Vyxeos) – new drug that improves treatment in older patients with secondary AML
- Complementary Medicine (alternative medicine) not so good for cancer patients
- Patient Problem Based Learning – new approach to medical classes
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in Multiple Sclerosis – effective 1st, 2nd and 3rd line treatment