The new trial in Spain – probably one of the many. Basing on the success of the “Berlin patient” – a man infected with HIV who got bone marrow transplantation without CCR5 receptor and got cured of HIV – there is a number of clinical trials that try to target this idea. One of them uses cord blood from public bank – the donors without CCR5 are used and natural potential of the cord blood which needs to be specific just in 4 out of 6 HLA alleles for successful transplant. You can read more here:http://www.techtimes.com/articles/100188/20151028/first-trial-to-use-umbilical-cord-stem-cells-for-hiv-treatment-set-to-start-in-spain.htm
- Patient Problem Based Learning – new approach to medical classes
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in Multiple Sclerosis – effective 1st, 2nd and 3rd line treatment
- Cord Blood News – Trochę nowości o krwi pępowinowej
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Product for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Calcium blockers improve effect of chemotherapy in pancreatic cancer.