There is a very interesting review published in the new Bone Marrow Transplantation which shows that frozen Cord Blood can be effectively expanded before the HSCT. This leads to 30-258 fold expansion of CD34+ hematopoietic stem cells and allows transplantation with similar engraftment time as autologous HSCT. Great news for all people banking cord blood. You can read more here http://www.nature.com/bmt/journal/v51/n1/full/bmt2015196a.html
- Patient Problem Based Learning – new approach to medical classes
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in Multiple Sclerosis – effective 1st, 2nd and 3rd line treatment
- Cord Blood News – Trochę nowości o krwi pępowinowej
- FDA Approves CAR-T Cell Product for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Calcium blockers improve effect of chemotherapy in pancreatic cancer.