- AHSCT is a standard of care of RRMS
- Wykłady na kursie specjalizacyjnym – transplantologia
- AHSCT is better choice than DMDs in MS as a treatment of cases progressing after first line treatment – multicenter randomised trial.
- CPX-351 (Vyxeos) – new drug that improves treatment in older patients with secondary AML
- Complementary Medicine (alternative medicine) not so good for cancer patients
Monthly Archives: October 2014
“We believe that this crisis is largely a result of our own misconceptions about health. In our rush to aggressively treat anything labeled as “cancer,” even among older, frailer people with low-grade diseases who are much more likely to die … Continue reading
Yes, it is already there. My copy of a new Atul Gawande’s book “Being Mortal”. I expect nothing else but immortal book about medicine. Even before reading the first page – a must read for all medical professionals.
http://jco.ascopubs.org/content/early/2014/09/29/JCO.2013.54.0625 Quite interesting paper. Summary: two doses of cyclophosphamide after HSCT lower occurence of GvHD when compared to standard immunosuppression. Somehow – not unexpected. Given how cyclophosphamide works in haploidentical HSCT and autoimmunediseaes. I just wonder can we do the … Continue reading
I just forgot to mention this book by Siddhartha Mukherjee. This is must read that will take you into the modern and not so modern history of cancer. I must read for doctors, students and patients. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor_of_All_Maladies